About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve

I had every intention of posting yesterday after I got home from an awesome dinner with a great friend after being let out of work early however a migraine and the sickness that always follows kept me from doing so.
Almost 100% this morning...which is good...
Yesterday was a great day....fun day at work..not too terribly stressful..and they let us out early.  Met a friend whom I haven't seen in months, hung out, talked, had dinner.  Hubby had to work late last night so I am glad that I accepted her last minute invitation.
As this year winds down and a new one takes over there are many many things that I have to smile about- good friends, good hubby, a house to live in, my kitties, a good job.  I am thankful for the world of blogdom and all of the wonderful people I have met throughout the last year who are all over the world.  I am grateful for my health and for the ability to continue to live my life, on my terms, the way I feel it should be.
Reflecting on the past year leads me to what the new year will bring.  I don't believe in New Year's resolutions...the average new year's resolution is broken in 12 days.  I don't know what the year will bring---I do know that there will be a combination of happy and sad, highs and lows, friends will come, friends will go, there will be snow and rain to go along with the sunshine and I am sure there will be disappointments and moments of great happiness.  What I know for sure is that there will be moments in every day that I will have a choice to make---one that will affect, drastically or not, the path that I will walk down this year.  May I have the wisdom and guidance to ensure that the path I choose is one that is right, not only for me but for the others that will be affected by that choice as well.
I hope that your New Year's eve is full of whatever you want it to be full of..whether it be a rousing good time out with friends at a bar/restaurant/party or a quiet time at home with your loved ones.  At midnight, remember to turn the page to the next chapter- and relish in the blank pages that you will get to fill up over the next year!!
See you in 2011.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Col, with such really wise words. Let us try to make the most of every moment of the new year. I wish you and your family a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year, filled with lots of magical moments. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love and a very happy New Year to you Col.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nic...Glad your migraine is better. They just plain suck. Hope your New Year is full over nothing but the best. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely post. I hope that your New Year is filled with peace, joy and all the lovely things you would wish for.
    The Olde Bagg, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post for sure. I only had 6 months of blogging so I am really looking forward to my first full year and new friends to meet.
    Happy New Year.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post. my new year's resolution is to NOT make any! LOL! it is great to see how many people we've all met from different parts of the world. i know that doing so has enriched my life in so many ways.

    have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful post :)
    And as always you help me to look at the positive things, I am thankful for a lot of things also, including you and my other blogger friends!
    Have a Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete