About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fantastic Weekend

Life is  crazy....we get caught up in the day to day mundane tasks of life, work, family.  There are very few times that you have the opportunity to just hit pause and take time out to regenerate the pieces of your heart and soul that only a good friend knows how to reach.  I took time to press pause for 24 hours.  I saw one of my best friends from college.  I drove down to see her last night, we went out for drinks and dinner....after several margaritas and a very yummy dinner we went back to the hotel where I was staying and talked for hours...about everything...about nothing at all.  It was like we were back in school, when she would come in and sit on the bed and we would just talk for hours and hours.  We shopped today.  We laughed, we cried, we just appreciated the ability to take a deep breath and share the friendship that is so rare...the friendship that no matter how often we see each other, there is always something to talk about....Always something to laugh about.
I didn't realize how much I truly needed that connection...I love my hubby and my family more than I can possible explain..but those girl friends...the ones who know the very beat of your heart, the good, the bad, the sad, the ugly, the stupid silly things that you did when you were younger...those friends feed a part of my soul.  I hardly realize when that part of me needs to be restored...but after a couple of hugs and promises to see each other soon I got in the car, my head was a bit lighter, my heart a bit fuller.  We don't have time, anymore, to talk for hours on the phone or even see each other that often, which makes the time that we do spend together that much more special and that much more fulfilling.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had that time with your friend and hope you will try to do it again soon. Times like that make us wonder why we waited so long to share precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic...I'm so glad you had a great time visiting with your girlfriend. They are a rare gem and we need to cherish them. Mine is in CT but she came down for a few days last year and we had the best time. Hopefully she can get away again in the near future. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more that are girlfriends are real diamonds in our lives. Let's hope that it won't be too long before you will be able to meet up again. Glad that you had such a lovely time. It's lovely when you have friends that, even if it's been quite a while since you've seen them, you just carry on as if you had just seen each other yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could go back in time...I completely agree about the girl friends who know us inside out...

    ReplyDelete