About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 22: Something you wish you hadn't done in your life

I wish I hadn't yelled
I wish I hadn't fought you quite as much
I wish I hadn't ignored your advice
I wish I hadn't been so hell bent on proving you wrong
I wish I hadn't let you see me cry
I wish I hadn't changed myself for you
I wish I hadn't tried so hard to fit in
I wish I hadn't turned my back on you
I wish I hadn't been so absorbed in life and what was going on that I forgot to live in the moment
I wish I hadn't been afraid to stand up for myself
I wish I hadn't been too busy
I wish I hadn't missed those important times in your life because I live too far away
I wish I hadn't sat on the sidelines
I wish I hadn't walked away

6 comments:

  1. Good post, as always Col. Are you saying those words to somebody important in your life??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could copy a lot of them & it be mine girl. Curious as well who it might be. Not really trying to be to nosey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words are to no one person specifically but to everyone....I was very melancholy last nigth when I write this.....There are many things in my life I wish I hadn't done- but they make e who I am today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone said "don't wish your life away". This is a perfect example of that. Fortunately, you're able to move forward and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. Writing a list like this is true therapy. This truth list is hard one to do but I felt like I got some things finished and over with by the time I finished, I hope you do as well. The Olde Bagg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post...there are a lot of things on that post which I wish I hadn't done too...

    ReplyDelete