About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is a day to be thankful....for all of the blessings.
A day to slow down and realize the good things that have happened and be grateful for them.
There are many blessings in my life that I am grateful for everyday..
My wonderful hubby
My family
My friends
A good job
a roof over my head
The ability to recognize that things aren't always going to go the way you want them to but there is a reason that they happen...and eventually, you will figure that out and be thankful for it.
I am sitting in my inlaws living room listening to the banter that goes back and forth every Thanksgiving, the memories being shared, the laughter being remembered, the people who are no longer with us being talked about.
I am truly blessed in my life, and while I may get caught up in the every day drudgery of it sometimes, I try to take a minute and remember every day.
I am remembering some special people in my life who have passed today and am grateful for the lessons they were able to teach me while they were with us and know that they are looking down, watching and guiding my path.
You all out in blogland are new blessings that I am thankful for this year.  Your comments, stories, support and lives that you share on this anonymous source make me smile, make me laugh, and make me realize that the world is wide, the experiences varied and that it is possible to write something down, have virtual friends read it and give feedback.  I am grateful for having "met" all of you and sharing in your lives.
Thank you for reading, for giving me something I didn't even realize I needed.
Count your blessings today, enjoy every single moment and appreciate the things that make you smile!! I'll be back later...

5 comments:

  1. Such good words for today my friend. We will be gathering at my wife's brother's place around lunchtime for lots of family & food. It is the same spot as the picture on my blog. Thanks for the great encouragement and have a wonderful day.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly lovely post for this day, Col. Wise words indeed. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, a beautiful post for today :)
    I know what you mean about getting something you didn't even know you needed from blogging!
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. I'm so glad you get so much out of each day. We have to. While I'm not with family today I am still thankful for the memories of past Thanksgivings and hopeful for future ones.

    ReplyDelete