Tuesday, November 16, 2010
A blog award...
Thanks to Barb over at This and That for this awesome award. If you haven't read her yet, you definitely should- she's has an intoxicating way of describing life- you really feel like you are in her world when she writes. Plus she's an awesome blog pal...always has great insight and comments!! Minx over at Dribble created this award...you should totally go check her out too....awesome reads!!
The first rule: list 5 indulgences that I love.
1) Upgrading to first class on a plane flight. I will use any opportunity that I can to do this. First class tickets are insanely expensive, but we have upgraded last minute on several different occasions and it is fantastic. We flew home from germany a couple of years ago first class and it was amazing. My husband, who hates to fly, even enjoyed the flight. Nothing like being pampered on a plane- absolutely nothing.
2) This blog is an indulgence of mine- and a great one. I love writing this blog and although I often need to make time and schedule posts ahead of time I love it.
3) Starbucks coffee. I don't get it very often, but there is nothing like going to Starbucks and sipping a cup of their coffee. Stopping for five minutes to really savor that first sip before continuing on with me day...heaven!
4) Getting lost in a big city. There is nothing I enjoy more than going to boston, new york, DC and just wandering around the city. Getting lost in the aninimity that you have in the hustle and bustle of the city. Taking pictures of what you see, people watching and knowing that you are more than likely not going to run into someone randomly that you know. Being in the middle of the lights in Time Square standing on the street corner with hundreds of other people and stepping en masse into the street when the lights turn green, waiting on a bus or train at South Station in Boston, stepping into a museum in DC and getting lost in the exhibits, entering Notre Dame while mass is being held and feeling the history.
5) Sitting on a beach, at sunset, with the wind whipping through your hair, all alone, staring at the water, watching the waves, the boats being pulled out of the water, listening to the sounds of the voices of the past being carried on the wind, meditating, concentrating on the noises and my breath- that is one of the best indulgences- and it's free.
The other rule is to pass this award along to 3 people:
Skippy over at I Make Soap- this is the blog that I have been reading the longest and she is one of the most genuine people that I know. If you haven;t read her yet (which I am sure most of you have because that's how I found you) you should definitely check her out!
Tina over at My Day- She is an inspiration to me. She, like so many of us, is struggling with weight loss and her blog is an honest depiction of her struggles. She writes about everything going on in her life and doesn't sugar coat- her blog is an awesome read.
Linda over at Olde Baggs 'n Stuft Shirts. She writes about anything and everything and has an amazing humor that has me laughing out loud in the mornings. She has a serious side to her as well and the topics she writes about are varied and always promise a good read!
So that's it- life is a little crazy right now (shocking) and I am behind (again) on commenting. I am reading and know that you all provide me with many many smiles through out the day...if you want to share...what's making you smile today??