About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 13: A band or music that has gotten you through tough times

There aren't any.  There I said it.  I don't listen to music often- if ever.
I know that's strange.
I have an mp3 player that is currently M I A.  I have no idea where it is.  I load songs on to it every six months or so and i only listen to it at the gym.  I don't listen to the radio very often cause I am always on the phone when I am in my car.
I love theater and I love to sing....but music- doesn't hold a huge place in my life.
I have tried and I have failed at making this a release for me.
Give me a book and I can get lost in the world the author creates.
Give me a camera and I will get lost behind the lens
Give me a computer game like solitaire- I will be lost for hours
I love music- I play it loud when I clean the house- I sing along to whatever happens to be on the radio on the rare occasions I turn it on.  I sing karaoke occasionally when I am in a bar that's offering it.  I can sing show tunes from all of the shows I have ever worked on and know the Rent soundtrack by heart.
But it isn't something that is necessary to feed my soul.

3 comments:

  1. If I had to take a guess I'd say you're pretty content with yourself and life. You're not saying you don't like music, just that you don't need it to get through your days. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Barb in that you do not say that you don't like music. It's just that you have other things that give you pleasure in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you my friend. There isn't some rule that you have be moved by music. I can get the same thing in a good book too. Feel good about yourself girl.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete