About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A month to be grateful

there's lots of stuff swirling around in my head right now...
so I have decided that I need to refocus on the purpose of this blog...
so I am going to put out my challenge to myself out there...
I am going to blog, at least once a day, about what makes me grateful.
I don't promise prose and poetry every day, but I am going to use this as a way to refocus on the positives in my life...
Tonight, and always I am grateful for my husband..
He is my best friend,
My rock,
My sounding board,
My biggest supporter
and often my dose of reality...
He deals with all of the smiles, the tears, the mood swings and my crazy ideas...
He listens,,,even when I am upset and taking my mood out on him.
He hugs and kisses and tries to make it all better.
He spoils me..
he fights with me when I need him too..
he tells me he's proud of me...
He tells me when i am screwing up..
he is my life, my love.
My soul is entwined with his,
My heart beats in rhythm with his
My life would be incomplete without him.
I am grateful for him, today and every day.

Hugs and love to all of you!!

1 comment:

  1. You know, and I have said this before, I will read one of your posts and think "And THAT is why we are friends." Internet friendships are strange birds, but immensely giving and fulfilling when you come across someone that just "clicks" - and you know that they would "click" with you in real life. That is you and me - me and you - and yet again, you have written a post that I could've written about Pooldad.

    Sometimes Pooldad and I will be laughing at something, or in the middle of something really bad [court date with one of our exes, me in the hospital, my parents illnesses/deaths] and we just look at eachother and say "We are darn lucky to have eachother, because we each make the other "complete" through the good and the bad - even the ugleeeeeee. giggle He still makes my heart skip a beat and he still gives me a sneaky kiss in Church. ;;wink;; My point is - we always say that we wish that everyone could have what we have with eachother. It's like we found the perfect fit and happiness with eachother, but we are saddened because no one that we know [net or IRL] has that. There always seems to be a hiccup or a complaint or SOMETHING about their spouse/SO that holds the relationship back and always will. It really DOES make us sad because we figure everyone should have their one true love.

    [NOW, HERE is the point of all of that] YOU & your husband are the exception to that - you and he have IT. You get IT. And it is refreshing that you see IT in eachother, verbalize it [to eachother and the whole world to hear] and you two truly appreciate and love eachother. And that makes us so, so very happy. Someone else gets IT too.

    I know that was terribly ramble-y and probably doesn't make much sense***, but if someone is going to get what I mean - it will surely be you. My oldest, dearest friend. :)
    [***In my defense it is 6 am. I have been awake since Friday morning at 3:30 am. I'm wayyyy tired, but Mass is in an hour & half, no point in taking a nap until after. Wish me luck I don't fall asleep in the pew. giggle]

    Anyhoodle - I wanted to say that and if you think it is too silly or only makes sense to us, please feel free NOT to publish it. But I hope you get what I mean. 'Kay? Hugs and lotsa' love to you my friend, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete