About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7

Today, I am grateful for where I live.


I am grateful to live in the United States.

A place where so many people have opposite political views,

But are free to voice them.

A place where people can bitterly disagree on issues,

But can debate them in an open forum.

A place where, after a long, arduous and demanding election process,

We can pull together the day after to start to move forward in the direction to help make this country better.

But even more so than living in the United States,

I am grateful to live in Maine.

I have been known to say that I live here only because of my husband.

Today, I am grateful to call this place home.

Today, I am grateful to be able to call my brother and tell him that he can get married here.

Today, I am grateful to be able to experience the happiness with coworkers who have been together for 11 years in a committed relationship that they can finally start planning their wedding.

Today, I am grateful and proud to be the first state whose voters have decided to allow for marriage equality for all.

I am grateful to live in this country, in this state, at this time in our history.

2 comments:

  1. I have been sitting here reading post after post written by disappointed bloggers whose choice for President wasn't sucessful. And the vibe they were putting out was that if it wasn't the end of the world, it was close to it.

    To then come and read this wonderful joyful post was the perfect antidote.
    I confess, I dont understand your politics but your State's politicians and voters have done good.

    Now for more to follow the lead. :)

    ReplyDelete