About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday's List

Thursdays list is on hiatus,
taking a break,
on a beach somewhere
with a frilly drink in its hand.
(and never neverland is the second star to the right and almost as likely that I will be there as on a beach somewhere)
Thursday's list is nonexistent today because as much as I wracked my brain to come up with something to smile about today and to put together a list of all of the little things that made me smile this week, I am afraid to say that I allowed myself to get too wrapped up in the big things that weren't going the way they were supposed to to notice any of the little things that have made me smile. I was thinking about this blog post all day and on my way home tonight I came up with the realization that I don't have
ONE
SINGLE
THING
to put on the list today.
I am sorry for that....I do feel like I am letting people down with nothing to smile about.  I feel like I am letting myself down these days because I am not looking at the little things because those big things are taking up so much space right now.
I will promise that come heck or high water I will push those big things aside and find that space in my brain that recognizes all of the good things this weekend...maybe even tomorrow...but tonight, blogland, I am tired and cold and going to go pop some sleeping pills and enter that dead kind of sleep that you don't wake up four times in the middle of the because you can't get comfortable, that you don't have to continually flip over the pillow for the cool side.....the kind of sleep where dreams don't exist and that your brain really and truly shuts off- because my reset switch doesn't seem to be working these
A million and one hugs to you all...tomorrow will be better...right?

9 comments:

  1. Hugs right back and get some good sleep. It makes it all better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a hole in your ceiling one week before you hand it over to new owners?
    No? that is something to smile about

    Hugs. beleive me, things can be even worse than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that was selfish. My head is spinning. Feel better soon Hun
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes my friend some weeks just go that way but all we have to do is look around us and it is so easy to find others that are suffering far worse than we are. I think of poor Mynx over there with that hole in her ceiling. That too will pass. Hope by the time you get this you have had some good rest and feel better.
    Odie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes you just have to give into these yucky days and wallow!!! There is no crime in doing that and I find, once you do, you soon get fed up of feeling yucky that you cheer up kinda quick! Hope you slept well.

    http://lyndylou-whocares.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Col, sorry you've had a rough week :( Hopefully next week will be much better again for you, and you will be full of smiles for us. But lindylou is right, there's nothing wrong in giving in to these feelings sometimes. We're all there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all have these days Co - no worries. I hope that you had a good sleep and the sun shines a little brighter for you today.

    Hugs and much love to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope today was better. i've had weeks like that and (like you) sometimes can beat myself up for not focusing enough on the good things, rather than the not-so-good things. it's ok - it's life.

    ReplyDelete