About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, January 14, 2011

If I had a million dollars...

If I had a million dollars,
I would be able to help...
help pay for medical care...
help pay for housing...
help those with problems that all too often have to do with money

I would also be able..
to take all my bloggy friends to one place...
One place warm
Where there is lots of sun, sand and froo froo drinks to go around
Where we could share stories in person instead of on the computer
Where we could give each other the hugs we send virtually
Where, I am convinced, we could help to cure the world of what ails it

I would also be able to..
Get out of debt...
Fix the roof
replace the furnace

I don't have a million dollars....
I really wish I did...
I hate to see my friends, all of you, in a position that you need it....
I wish I could help...
I don't have a million dollars..
I do have a million positive thoughts that go out to each one of you every single day
A million little prayers that go out into the universe in hopes that some higher power...or someone with a million dollars will hear and fix things for you..
I have a million moments in my life that make me grateful for knowing all of you....
Grateful for the release that I have with just being able to write...sending the words out into the world and knowing that someone is reading them...
Today is a day that I have seen many posts about the blog world and what it means to people....
I have seen posts about issues going on in people's lives and been hopeful that I could at least leave a few words of encouragement..
I don't often wish for a million dollars...because I know that it's not necessarily feasible...but tonight...tonight I find myself wishing that I had more than words to offer....a million dollars would about cover it I think...
Instead I will send out a million more hugs, a million more thoughts, and a million more hopes that someone is listening and will help to provide that is needed.

10 comments:

  1. Nic...that is by far the greatest post. I will gladly give you a million hugs right back and pay it forward if I had it. You are a sweetheart and I'm glad you are in my world. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a million hug - wish I could send a million back.

    [Barb said this post would make me cry. Quite the contrary. It left me with a big smile on my face. Which is so much better. :D And you usually have that effect on my.]

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right??

    Sometimes we put so much emphasis on money and material things. If everyone could just...give good thoughts, hopes, and hugs, maybe we'd all be in a better place.

    hed

    ReplyDelete
  4. you rock - i love this post! i totally understand the "million thoughts, hugs, and prayers" thing. and, i appreciate everyone of them - with a million+ right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colenic...you inspired me...go check my blog, I have something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colenic this was an awesome post my friend. I recently had one with a picture of Michael Anthony giving someone 1 million dollars and shared about how much that show made me daydream and the many millions I have spent in my mind. I also wanted to help other like my daughters who have struggled and others too. Thanks for your ideas and feel the millions of hugs coming your way from your blog family. You are so special.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post, Col, and I thank you for it. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all get together - somewhere WARM and actually meet up in person. The post didn't make me cry - it made me SMILE, so that's a wonderful think you have there. Thank you again, and sending big (((hugs))) back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.

    flipped over from Chief/dad's site...

    this is a great post!

    thank you!
    Bruce
    bruce johnson jadip
    evilbruce
    stupid stuff i see and hear
    Bruce’s guy book
    the guy book
    Dreamodel Guy
    dreamodeling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just so sweet :)
    And your thoughts and virtual hugs really do mean a lot, and always remind us that even if we don't have a million dollars, there is SO MUCH to smile about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww......that's so sweet......here's a hug coming from me to you.... *hug*

    ReplyDelete