About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Positive thoughts...prayers etc...requested

Remember that mom in your life....
the one that wasn't your mom but who acted like it...
the mother of your best friend, a teacher whomever it was...she had an important role in your life...
She was the one who you could turn to when you couldn't turn to your own mom
She was the one who held your hair back because you went to her house with your best friend on your birthday and drank way too much tequila.
The one who would listen when you had things to talk about when you couldn't go to your mom...
The one who gave you the courage to talk to your mom about stuff...
Your best friends mom who could discipline you....
who you would never break her rules any more than you would break your mom's.
The one who nursed you through break ups, who knew when you were using her house as an excuse to hang out with a boy...the one who sat around the table and talked to you about real life stuff that you could never admit to your mom...
the one who was a mom in so many ways, just not by blood....
The one who you have know forever, who would send you emails in college and in your adult life just to let you know she was thinking about you and hoping things were okay....you could go to her even when you were fighting with your best friend....
My second mom, who I have known since I was 13 (almost 20 years) is in the hospital...I am not sure what's going on right now....she's the mom of that friend that I haven't talked to in ages....that friend who sent me a message this morning saying that she was in the hospital...that she's scared and that she will call me later...who text messaged me a few minutes later asking for paryers, thoughts whatever....I know she's going to be okay...but the extra thoughts, prayers positive thoughts are needed right now...
I wish I could be closer...I wish I could pop in to the hospital just to say hi and I love her...but I can't do that right now....but I can ask for the thoughts and prayers and tell you all that I appreciate it immensely....

9 comments:

  1. Your friend's mum will certainly be in my prayers, Col. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone just like this - and of course we will be sending good thoughts Co. My best to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. You can count on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider it done. You described that "2nd" mom perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts are with you and sending you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. done. 2nd moms are sometimes just as good (or better) than the 1st moms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoughts and positive wishes coming your way. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know someone like this...and I think I'm going to call her tomorrow...meanwhile...your 2nd Mom is in my prayers....*hugs*

    ReplyDelete