About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Good Morning!!

i hope that this morning finds all of you well.
I have been on an unplanned break from blogging because life just got crazy....and hubby and I have been having some very interesting conversations lately.
We were in the car yesterday,, coming home from the farmer's market and he asked me why I felt it necessary to share my life with complete strangers.  I asked him what he was talking about and he talked about blogging.  I tried to explain it to him, he just didn't get it.  He doesn't understand why I would want to put information out there about myself and my experiences for perfect strangers to read.
I tried to explain that like in real life, you are surrounded by circles of people and those people are all strangers at one point or another.  You talk with them in real life and you converse and they become friends.
I explained that blogging is the same thing, except you get to chose the pieces of your life that others see.  These strangers become your friends.  He still didn't get it.
I told him I  blog as a creative outlet.
I blog to get a different perspective on my life experiences
I blog to connect with people who I may not have connected with in "real" life and I have made some very real friendships this way.
He asked me if I will ever meet "those people" (his words, not mine).  I told him that I honestly didn't know if I would or not.  Maybe, someday, our paths will cross, but it is not something that I need to make these friendships more "real".
I told him, I know that I can write something about how I am feeling or what I am experiencing and in a few hours have comments from people that might make me think in a completely different way about it.
I know that there are people out there that will celebrate my accomplishments with me and will try to bolster me when I am feeling down.
There are people out there who I worry about when I don't hear from them for a day or even weeks.
My friends out there probably know more about the way I am thinking and what I am feeling because it is easier to put it out there when your not going to run into them the next day.
The conversation got a little heated and I got a bit defensive with him and we changed the subject.  I actually suggested that he start a blog.  I think he should try it, just on a limited basis if he wants to, just so he can feel the connections and understand why people "pour their hearts out to a bunch of strangers:.
See- I don't know what I would do without this outlet or this circle of friends in my life.  I rejoice with you when something good happens, laugh at the stories you tell, cry with you when you are sad, live vicariously through your pictures, give advice when needed, always have a hug to spare when a friend needs it and feel the hugs you send through the universe to me.  I value each and everyone of your friendships and I know that there are always new ones out there that will expand the circle.
So I thank you all for giving me this experience and this freedom to express my thoughts, desires, disappointments and photos.  I thank you for your support, hugs and comments.  I love this circle in my life and hope that it continues to grow for a long time!!
Hope that the world is treating you all well today.  Love and hugs from my corner of the world to yours!!

12 comments:

  1. That really made me wish that I had come across your corner of the world earlier, Just to be a part of that circle. Maybe he feels that you would prefer to talk to others instead of him? When I start to clam up and don't share thoughts with my girlfriend as freely as I often do, she near pins me down to get the conversations flowing again(sometimes in a slightly heated fashion) maybe that was his pinning you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get this. i couldn't agree more with the reasos "why" we bloggers put ourselves out there for others. i also get some comments from ron about why i would want to do this. i've told him not only some of what you've said but also that it keeps me sane. sort of. lol - as sane as i can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt lonely and unheard until I started blogging. My family loves me, but they have their own lives and hubby doesn't really like to talk much. I have found my blogging friends to be "real" friends who have helped me in so many ways. I have grown to love people here and feel loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless you blog, you will never understand! I consider you a good and very dear friend! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand! My husband did not get it either but my sister has been talking to him about how this is my stress reducer, my friends and my chance to write.

    It matters not that we ever meet although I have met one wonderful blogger and was so thrilled to do so. It's not vital.

    This is a common ground that we can meet on, where our likes and dislikes are similiar and no one is judged.

    I don't give out my bank account, nor pose nude, nor tell when the last time I had sex was but I do share my heart, my feelings and all of you give that back to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the new look :) and I agree with you on your reasons for blogging. It is great to connect with people from all walks of life whether they are having a good day or a bad day, it doesn't matter. I also love all the different points of view, it widens your horizons and makes you think outside the box. Hope you are having a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Col. Excellent post today. My husband doesn't get it either!! I think Barb said it right, when she said "Unless you blog, you will never understand." I totally agree with you, as I also worry about people if I haven't heard from them for a little while, and if they haven't posted for a few days (or longer). I really do consider the core of my blogging friends as real friends. I am there for them one hundred percent, as I know they are for me. I wouldn't want to be without them now! Hugs dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I forgot to say - I like the new look of your blog. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post today and we could all echo the same feelings about how our blogging experience has been. You are an important part of our family and I know if you didn't have a post for a few days I would wonder what's going on with Nic? I do hope your hubby will some day understand how important this communication is to us all. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love the new look of your blog and like Barb said if you do not blog you do not get it, I know Tim doesn't get it but he doesn't need to I do not get some of the things he is interested in.....I often tell my family that my blog friends are like my pen pals I do not have to meet them to feel a connection with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i know my family doesn't get it eithr but they never have understood my need to write. but it's all good i've learned to balance blogging with real life so no one gets upset. great post and i hope you continue.

    Everyday Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess it is why some bloggers choose to omit/lie the f@ct th@t they blog to their spouse or S/O. Poold@d doesn't blog, but completely gets why I do & supports me. It is h@rd when @ spouse or S/O doesn't get it & is @ccus@tory @s to why their p@rtner does. You & I h@ve been friends for over 6 ye@rs...& I would be so s@d if I didn't know you @nymore. Hugs my sweetie.

    ReplyDelete