About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Absolutely, positively, nothing

I love the summer...I love the weather, the ability to be outside, the ability to actually travel places after being cooped up all winter by the snow and cold. I love that my extended family is only a four hour car ride away and they live on the water because that spot feeds my soul. My grandparent's house is the place where I go to center myself, balance myself and just be for a little while. My inlaws are only two hours away and there is always fun to be had with my sister in law and her kids. They make me laugh (most of the time) and they make me feel closer to family. I love visiting college friends and being part of their kids birthday parties or just having lunch. Although I sometimes forget what it feels like to sleep in my own bed and rarely have anything (besides gallons of pickles) in my fridge because grocery shopping is a weekend task and when your not home on the weekends you can't do it.
So I have declared this weekend a "I'm-not-doing-anything-after-I-run-my-errands-and-go-to-the-grocery-store-for-the-first-time-in-two-weeks". That means that I have been to the grocery store and cvs today, cleaned the house a bit and have put my comfy clothes on and am going to sit on my couch and do nothing for the entire weekend. I am not painting anything, hammering nails into anything, tiling anything, going to any store, nothing. I have warned my hubby that if he wants to stay home this weekend that he is not going to ask for anything to get done, not expect me to do anything, and he will sit on the couch and watch movies with me, maybe take a nap in the middle of the afternoon. I love the summer for all of the wonderful excitement, but I also love those lazy summer weekends when nothing gets accomplished except recharging the battery.

2 comments:

  1. You have to have those lazy days sometimes :) Have fun relaxing!
    (I think I have TO many of those days... lol)

    LOVE the new look! I didn't see this when I was rearranging mine, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina- I don't have enough of the nothing days but I plan on getting my fill this weekend...
    thanks for the comment on the new look...I played with it for about an hour till I found something I liked!

    ReplyDelete