About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday's Smiles

Well, it has taken me about two days longer than I had planned to come back with a trip report...and my pictures are on a camera somewhere in luggage that I have yet to locate in my house (read: am to lazy to go upstairs and get right now).
Our trip was AMAZING.
Seriously amazing.
We did nothing...
Hung out at the pool
Hung out at the beach
Hung out at the bar.
I spent time with my niece and nephews
Spent time with my brother and his partner.
Hung out with my hubby.
I did work every morning for a few hours before everyone got up...
but I was overlooking the ocean while I was doing so.
I could get work done before everyone else woke up.
We ate delicious food.
Had great drinks..
My brother's boyfriend M and I spent a lot of time together...
We were the late owls while my brother and hubby would go to bed early.
I will tell you that my biggest smile of the week was the conversation with M about how he loved my brother and for him- he was it.
My brother is happy for the first time in a long time...
They have the same quirky sense of humor and they orbited around each other all week..
you know those people who are in love who seem to move in directly relation to each other...that's the way they were.
It makes me tear up when I think about it...because I have hoped for so long that he would find someone who made him happy.
Someone who he could share his life with...and I think that this is it for him too.
I loved spending time with my family last week..and it was a relaxing, low key kind of week.
I am going to find my camera...and I will post pictures.
I hope that you are all doing well...I have missed you all and am catching up...slowly but surely..
hugs and lots of love to you all..
Oh and I promise a story about the fact that we still don't have a new refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. Love your enthusiasm and happy for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about knowing where the camera is, but, meh. . .do I really want to go get it? Nah....I am the same way. Well the anticipation makes it all that much more fun. It sounds like you had the most spectacular time. And I bet the pictures bring it all to life wonderfully.

    I love that you shared about your brother. That is definitely a BIG, HUGE! smile. It is the best feeling in the world when you love someone to see them happy and content. I think a good word is "whole" - like the little piece was missing for him and now he has found the one that fits. I look around at all the unhappiness in the world, especially on the 'net, with people that are in unhappy relationships or just go on about how much their marriage sucks and it makes me so sad for them. Because I truly feel that if you need someone to complete you then there is someone out there that is a perfect fit. Some people have to kiss a toad or two before they find them, but they do exist and there shouldn't be any reason to lonely or angry in life if you can not be. [Did that make any sense, whatsoever? Or do I need some serious sleep?] In a nutshell - I just wish that everyone that wants it could find true love with the mate of their choosing. It can be done. whew. How's that? heehee

    I have a lot of nervous energy this morning [4 am!] so I am a little chatty, but I just wanted you to know I do appreciate your smiles, everyday. Never fails when I come for a visit, here you are - smiling back at us. Thank you so much.

    And no I am not even mentioning that refrigerator. I will offer up a bunch of camping coolers I have in the garage if you like. ::running off now:: I'm kidding!!!

    Hugs and much love Col!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great story about your trip and I am also happy for your brother and wish them all the happiness possible. Can't wait for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds so wonderful. I can feel the positive energy in every word of this post.

    Pics would be nice but dont rush and lose that holiday buzz. Plnty of time for that

    ReplyDelete