About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

end of month

It's the end of another month.
Which means that work is insane.
I am listening to a little voice at the other end of the phone...
it's bed time and she just had ice cream.
My best friend's daughter..
She is just too cute..
She is convinced that I live in Florida with a pool (because that's the last place I saw her).
She wants to come to my hotel and stay with me instead of me coming to see her at the end of next month.
She is convinced that nothing we can do will be as much fun as we had at my house.
She cracks me up.
My trip is only 29 days away and I can't wait...
There are several friends out in blogworld that are going through some tough times right now...
For Skippy and Teresa- I am sending extra special love and hugs out to both of you tonight.
I wish there was more than virtual hugs and words that I can offer..but know that I mean them sincerely and from the bottom of my heart...if I could take it all away...I totally would.
To all of you I am sending calming thoughts, deep breaths and a moment or two of peace to steal away from the craziness of life.
Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I want to come to your "house" with the pool. heehee She sounds absolutely adorable. Sometimes I miss the kids being so little, then I look at them now and how much fun they are and wonder how I got so incredibly lucky. They have been good kids through all the stages of their lives, providing me with many "smiles a day" that I don't know that I could pick a stage as my favorite. We really are blessed.

    Don't laugh, but guess where MY fridge is coming from. I don't even want to say the name out loud. Just wish us luck. giggle

    Thanks for the good thoughts. They help so much more than you know. I mean that. Hopefully the outcome will be what we are all praying for, but know that I appreciate you so much. Thanks Col. Love you and big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel your sincerity my friend and I also feel that way for a number of my blog friends. It is a helpless feeling at times but we do what we can do. Don't get too stressed by the month end and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Col! Like Odie, I also feel helpless at times, when so many friends seem to be suffering in one way or another. All we can do is to offer our love, support and encouragement and hope that this will help in some way. Thank you for all your calming thoughts, and, yes, hugs go to SkippyMom and Teresa, who need our prayers right now. Lovely post my friend.

    ReplyDelete