About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Amazing weekend...

You know the old saying it's not the destination but in how you get there...well we proved that to be true this weekend. My husband and I took off on a little mini vacation- B&B in Vermont for a few days and then a couple of days with his family for our Lazy Labor Day Lobster Lounge- without lobsters this year. Vermont was okay, but getting there was most of the fun...complete with a visit to the candy store with the worlds longest candy bar- bar full of candy, not an actual candy bar. David has been wanting to go for ages (since we saw it on one of our Travel Channel marathon weekends- you really can get sucked into those shows). It was on our way to Vermont so we went. Vermont was fun....a little messed up with the planning...but we really did have a good time. Then we headed to Bangor on Saturday with a stop at the Cabot cheese factory (AMAZING). We hung out with the fam and spent time with our nephews in a bounce house and just had an awesome time. The little one is just the cutest thing....he looked at me today and said Auntie I love you. I told him I loved him too and he asked me if he promised to let me give him a kiss once a day would we move up there. When I said that was a hard bargain to let go pass but that we couldn't he stuck his little lip out and said well I still love you anyway....can you come back tomorrow..too cute. The hubby looked at me as we were leaving tonight and said "you know I wouldn't have changed one single thing we did this weekend- it was perfect"...and he was absolutely correct- it was one of those rare absolutely perfect weekends that was made that way by the time spent together and with family. Couldn't have asked for anything better than that to put a smile on my face tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Boy - that is a hard bargain to pass up - how sweet is your nephew. :D

    Sounds like a wonderful time. Hope you can get back soon. Skippymom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!! That is the cutest thing I've ever heard :) Definitely made me smile at how loved you are!!!
    So glad you had such a wonderful weekend! Hopefully many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet nephew and a great vacation! Thanks for stopping by the Cabot Creamery!
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete