About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 24

We braved the stores on the Saturday after Thanksgiving
Try this one on,
Isn't this hat great,
what can we get for this person,
how about these
loads of colors,
neon, vivid colors are apparently all the rage.
We didn't go crazy, although we did get a lot of shopping done.
The stores were amazingly calm.
But more importantly, we all got along.
Inlaws, the family that come along with the one you love.
Sometimes they are good,
sometimes not so good.
My relationship with my mother in law has at times been civil at best and down right toxic at worst.
We are settling into a routine, which is nice.
This shopping trip was good,
not a word spoken about too much,
or what was spent.
Just a couple of hours out with the girls.
I am grateful for the peace that has settled over us...I am not sure how long it will last, but for now, I will relish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment