About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What Happens in Vegas....

gets chronicled in great detail on facebook...and of course on my blog.
We had a FANTASTIC trip...
We went with my brother and his boyfriend.
We saw a couple of shows, we gambled, we hung out in swanky lounges and drank, we caught the local scene, we laughed, we cried and we put a pause on the reality that is life for a little while.
All of my pictures were taken with my phone so I need to download them from facebook to post them...and I will.
But I just wanted to take a minute while I am still trying to readjust my time clock to East Coast time to tell you that I love VEGAS!!
It is a place, for me, that is so far outside of reality, so different from my every day life that it suspends time like no other place we travel.
I love our tropical vacations, but most of the time we get back wishing we could take a few days to recover.
Not Vegas though....the five days we were there was just enough time outside of normal that I came home feeling completely refreshed and ready to take on the world.
The stress of every day life is nonexistent when you are out there...walking around a larger than life city that allows you to be whatever you want to be...
The noise, clangs and non stop lights, for me, are a complete over stimulation of my brain.  I think the part that thinks about my every day life just shuts off so that I can process it all..
Plus, being in a completely different time zone from everyone in my real life means that when I look at my phone and discover that it is 8pm I can't really pick up the phone and call anyone...
It was a great trip...and i do promise a picture heavy post in the future....but until then, it's the end of another month, a reconfiguration of seating at work and the fifth annual (I think) Lazy Labor Day Lobster Lounge this weekend in Bangor....the end of the summer, the settling into fall and trying to get everything done to hibernate for the winter...
I hope that you all are doing well.....sending smiles and positive thoughts to your corners of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment