About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Emotions...

This has been a particularly emotional time for me over the last week or so...
Grandfather in the hospital (he is doing great though...back to his old self again)
Work has been a bear
Hubby and I have been missing a piece of communication
Six years since I lost someone so very special to me..
Kids are getting older...
An argument that I fear has altered the status of the relationship with my sister forever is still going on..
and just "stuff"..
I have been spending a lot of time evaluating the emotions that I am feeling..
I am usually pretty good at stuffing everything down and then curling up with a good book that is guaranteed to make me cry to get it all out...
I feel like all of my emotions are right on the surface lately...
The smallest crack,
an off hand comment,
A conversation...
The smallest things have me wanting to run for the hills.
I think the thought of losing someone who is so close to me has left some pretty major fissures right beneath the surface...
And has brought up a lot of worry about the people I care about...
I told hubby that I need a cabin in the woods...my kindle....several bottles of wine and cool enough weather that we can light a fire at night...
He said that the problem with that is that I would never want to leave...and he's probably right...
We do have a vacation scheduled the end of August...we are going to Vegas for four days with my brother and his boyfriend....I can't wait to see them...
I can't wait to spend some time with my brother and just hang out and laugh and have fun...
to forget about being an adult for a few days and just sit back and take in the sites and sounds of another city...
get lost for a few days in the buzz of a city....in an unfamiliar face...to just take a break from every day life...
I need to figure out a way to resolve the emotions...or at least thicken up my skin so that the emotions don't show themselves quite as readily....
Hugs and lots and lots of love to you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Big hugs right back at you lovely lady.
    So sorry things have been getting you down.
    Your trip to Vegas will be here soon and you will have an amazing time. Any chance you can jump in a fountain and not get arrested? That is always a fun thing to do

    ReplyDelete