About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Doing okay

Thank you all for your thoughts...
My grandfather is doing okay...
He is home and I spoke to him today...
I cried..
he told me not to worry...
I told him..
For the last eighteen years,
I have been close enough,
A quick trip away..
A car ride..
Whenever anything happened..
I could be there..
To hold his hand..
to dry my grandmother's tears...
To help
To smile..
to try my best to make it okay..
this weekend..
I wasn't able to do it..
I looked up plane flights...
It would have taken a whole day to get there with connections...
Not to mention a lot of money..
Not that I wouldn't have spent it..
I would have..gladly..
to hold his hand..
to talk to his doctor...
to pour the wine..
to dry my grandmother's tears..
But...
I know it wouldn't have been long enough...
I now know that there will be a next time...
I just need to get down there before it's for a next time..
To visit
And laugh...
and see them together..
and take lots of pictures...
I am grateful that there will be a next time....
My best friend put things in perspective for me..
she doesn't have any grandparents left...
She knows how close I am with them...
She told me that it will be tough...
But she also told me it will happen...
I guess that's the circle of life that we all think about..
Live your life....make an impression and we all have to die..
I am just glad that I am not getting ready to face that last goodbye...
not yet anyway..
again, a million thank you's for your comments....and your positive thoughts and prayers....
I knew you were out there....I felt the energy...
have an amazing week!!

1 comment:

  1. I know we emailed, and I don't know where the heck I have been - but I hope you are doing better today.

    Your best friend is right. It's hard. And people saying "They were xx age. They lived a good, long life." NEVER helps. Doesn't make you miss them less or not want them back.

    Give what you can and they understand. Believe me. They have lived a long time. They know what's going on. ::grin::

    And goodness knows they LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete