About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Surprise!!

My sister's 30th birthday is tomorrow. We flew to Maryland for the weekend to surprise her and help my mom with the party that she was throwing. We got in Friday night and were up late getting things ready for the next day. Now anyone who has looked at the news lately knows that the temperatures in Maryland have been unbearable for the last few weeks and yesterday held the same promise. After spending almost two hours to get to the parks that we were holding the party because of traffic, we made it and were thankful for the breeze that was blowing. We decorated the pavilion in a Twilight theme, complete with a life size cut out of Edward, Jacob and Bella. Fun was had by all despite the heat. My sister was surprised by the party and everyone who came in from out of town. It was a great day, spent with family and friends. We are currently getting ready for the brunch that my mother is hosting this morning. My mother is amazingly gifted and very stressed out at the moment so I am going to go see what I can do to help. Awesome trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment