About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Quick weekend Trip

Just need to mention one more time how much I love going to acupuncture. The ability to zone out for an hour and concentrate on thinking about nothing is something that I need to take more time to do. Maybe I will look into meditation....hmm...there's a thought.
Quick trip this weekend to Connecticut and Rhode Island to reconnect with my family. I haven't seen my grandparents in over a year and I need to see them to feed my soul right now. There is something about going there- back to a place where I practically grew up during the summer- to the safety of my grandparents house and their unconditional love. There is something about the first hug of the summer from both of them, of the look in my grandfather's eyes when I get there, of the ability to just sit and enjoy them as much as an adult as I did as a child. They feed my soul in so many ways and I have realized that I have missed that fortitude over the last year. I will also get to take a ride to my favorite beach and sit on my favorite rock and practice meditating for an hour or so. This particular spot, next to the beach on the rocks that jet out into the ocean is a favorite of mine. There is always a breeze from the water, very few people around and at sunset the ability to say goodbye to the day and recognize the infinite possibilities of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment