About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Grocery shopping

Today was a good day until about fifteen minutes ago...I am a bit sad because we were really hoping that we would be pregnant this month...but it's not meant to be this month...so we will try again...just disappointed..
I went to the grocery store this afternoon, having a half day at work, and was walking through the aisles and this little older woman was trying to reach up for a two liter bottle of ice tea...she could reach and I was down the aisle from her behind two other people, who didn't even ask if she needed help. I went over and grabbed the bottle for her and handed it to her. She turned around and smiled and said thank you. I can't imagine that people would have just walked past her...that's a little insensitive.. not to mention ruse in my opinion. I finished grocery shopping and she was in front of me in line. She was a few people in front of me as I was checking out today. I got up to the cashier and pulled out my debit card and the cashier smiled...scanned my items and before she gave me the total, she pulled a $50 bill off her register and subtracted that amount. I asked what she was doing and she told me that the woman that I helped wanted me to know that she was glad that there were still people in this world who would stop and help another human being when they needed something. This recognition made me realize that it is necessary to be aware of how your behavior affects other people and how important it is to always stop and pay attention to those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment