About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Customer

Yesterday I received a phone call at work from probably the most upbeat individual EVER. I answered the phone and was talking to him, did my thing and at the end of the conversation he asked me if he made me smile during the conversation? The question caught me completely off-guard, but I found myself smiling and said yes you did. He went into his philosophy of how he lives his life. He said that he wanted to make sure that there was a reason during every interaction with him that someone smiled. He said it was easy when he was talking to people face to face but over the phone he needed to ask the individual if they smiled. He said it also helps remind himself during difficult conversations that his ultimate goal is to make someone smile. I got off the phone and thought about the conversation. How often do we make a phone call to straighten something out and get really upset over the phone. How different would the conversations be if you knew at the end of each conversation you were going to ask the person one simple question about your interaction with them, like did I make you smile? I think I am going to employ this thought process is all of my phone conversations going forward....just to remind myself that I want to be the reason someone smiles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment