About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Inspiration

I went back to the gym for the first time today in forever. It was a challenge that we are both working on but we are trying so that's really all that matters. One of the reasons that I dislike the gym so much is because of the people that are at the gym. i guess I always feel like people are judging you...they are certainly my own issues but they are issue that I have. There was this one person that made my afternoon today. it was an older woman who was really kicking butt liftin weights and running on the treadmill. She was one machine behind me at one point and I was doing my thing. We ended up at picking up the spray bottles to spray down the equipment at the same time. She just smiled at me and nodded her head. That one smile made me feel like I could conquer the world. It was the one thing that I needed to keep me going for the rest of the afternoon. I don't know her, maybe the next time I go to the gym she will be there, maybe not. Maybe I will thank her for that smile, maybe I will never see her again. But she made me smile today, gave me a boost of confidence and helped me to feel like I belonged at the gym.
I don't know if she understood what her smile meant, but it reconfirms to me that smiles come at the times you need them to in your life and they can truly turn around a person's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment