About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, October 5, 2012

My Favorite Time of Day

My favorite time of day is that moment between light and dark.


When the world is suspended in a dreamlike state.

That moment between the sun hitting the horizon and the sky going black.

The stars start to peek out from their hiding places

The world turns gorgeous, deep, primal colors.

It is the time of day,

When the magic appears to be just around the next bend.

That fine line, that one moment, when anything seems possible.

It’s a time that I feel closest to you,

I can feel your presence,

I can feel your love,

I can almost hear your voice.

Reaching into the magic, there is a clarity that only exists in this one moment.

I check around the corner to see if you are there,

Maybe I can catch you, before the darkness ascends,

For just one more hug,

One more promise of tomorrow.

In that one moment, it suddenly feels possible again,

The moment fades into the darkness and the magic retreats.

I sit, alone,

The real world beckons,

The security, the love, the arms that hold me are real.

As I turn, I can’t help but look over my shoulder,

and wonder if the magic is real and if you are really there.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful words for us today Col. I'm very impressed I must say! Haunting and nostalgic all at the same time. Lovely. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and a little sad. Thankyou for sharing this

    ReplyDelete