About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Hey!
I've missed you.
Honestly, there hasn't been a lot going on.
Hubby and I have been lazy on the weekends, enjoying each other's company, going to the movies and just trying to get organized.
Work has been work...we have our annual sales meeting next week in boston, so I will be out of town for a few days....always a good time.
I am getting together with several girlfriends from college next Friday night.  I can't wait to see them.  I can't believe how long it's been since we have all been together.
Hopefully we will be able to find a place for a nice dinner in Boston and then just hang out for the night.
Other than that, we are hunkered down and practically hibernating for the winter.  It is cold outside....we did get snow yesterday.
I don't know if I told you or not, but I got a new car right before the end of the year.  My old one was seven years old with 130K miles on it....so we decided to go see what kind of deal we could get.
Ended up with a brand new 2013 Jeep Compass.  It is a nice car, gets much better gas mileage and the payment was around what I was making before....it's nice to have a new car. It's a bit of a splurge, but we decided that it was time before the expensive repair bills started to roll in on the other one.

I have been debating on a blog post.  Some shit hit the fan over Christmas with my sister and part of me thinks that writing it might be cathartic.  Another part of me feels like if I write about it she has too much power.  Needless to say, we haven't spoken since then.  Family...gotta love them huh?

I hope that you are all well...I miss you and think of you often.  Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. So good to see you again.
    Dont blame you for spending cold nights simply enjoying the company of your man, sounds pretty good to me.

    As for the issue with your sister, sometimes it helps to write even if you never ever hit the publish button.
    I was chewing over some stuff but at this point, I dont plan to blog it. Only you will know what works for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Col. Lovely to see you on here today. When it's really cold, it's good to just stay indoors and relax. I;m sorry to hear about the trouble with your sister. I agree with Mynx, perhaps just writing it down in a notebook would help, rather than airing it on your blog. BUT, you must do whatever works for you my friend. A new car - how wonderful. Enjoy. Have a good weekend, and enjoy your time in Boston.

    ReplyDelete