About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Boston

Hey there!
I hope that you are all doing well.
I have been in Boston all week for our annual sales meeting.
It was a good meeting and I got some pretty big recognition that I wasn't expecting....which was nice.
I am kinda bummed tonight because I stayed an extra day to meet with some girlfriends from college.
It went from plural to singular because of a couple of things that have come up.  I am bummed because I was really looking forward to a good girls night with people.
My friend that was coming got sick yesterday.  She's feeling better today, but doesn't want to chance it, so she's coming in for a few hours but then is going to go home. I am glad that she is feeling better and glad that she's going to come in for a little while, but I hate spending the night alone in a hotel room.
But, I will get to see her for a little while, which is AWESOME because we have been trying to get together for months and haven't been able to make it happen.
It is COLD outside.  Not only are the temperatures cold but it is windy.  I think the wind chills have been in negative numbers so I didn't even get to go out and explore very much today.
While it's always nice to get away, it is equally as nice to go home and I really can't wait to see hubby. We haven't been apart for a while, so I have really missed him. It will be good to get home tomorrow.

So that's about it here.  I hope that you are all doing well. Hugs and love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I hate the idea of you alone, in the hotel. I know what you mean. I am so used to being surrounded by kids, hubs and dogs that alone doesn't work for me. In fact Pooldad has a business trip this week and Wallene will sleep with me, as she always does when he goes out of town each year. [It's a once a year deal. We've been doing it for almost 2 decades, but I can't say I have ever gotten used to being apart from him, y'know? Because basically we never are.]

    I will be thinking of you. I wish you could call me, I would keep you company. :D And yes, it's c-o-o-o-o-l-l-l-l-d here too. It keeps spitting snowflakes, but only enough to freeze and make it a p.i.t.a. for walking the dog and trying to get out of our neighborhood driving.

    But, hey, aren't you used to this? heehee Us southerners? Not so much. But it's a nice excuse to snuggle extra much, right? Take care and we'll be thinking of you. Be safe, lovexox Skippy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate spending a night alone in a hotel too! I hope the time you did get to spend with your friend was good :)

    ReplyDelete