About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

On this day I, like many others, am thankful for my wonderful and amazing husband.
While I am a firm believer that you need to show love everyday and not just one day that some commercial CEO deemed it necessary, this year I am especially grateful for my husband.
There has been a lot going on lately...
He has his Masonic duties that have been taking over his evenings...
I have work..and a very dear friend who has just been diagnosed with a nasty disease that won't ever go away..
We have had some problems communicating lately...
and I am feeling disconnected...
He is always there for me...
no matter what...
I have pulled myself in...not talking....not dealing...just going through the motions..
I am especially grateful that he doesn't push...
He asks how I am doing..but doesn't pester me non stop..
I am grateful that he knows me well enough to know exactly what I need...
Even if it is a chocolate milkshake on his way home at eleven o'clock from his third meeting of the week ...
I am grateful that he gives me the time that I need to process...
That he knows that when I lash out or randomly start crying at a commercial that I just need a hug...or a snuggle..and often to not talk about it..
I haven't been writing here...or anywhere...and I know that I need to start again...because it is an outlet....
I have internalized a lot lately...and I know that I need to be better about that...
but he doesn't push...
he doesn't get angry (much)...
he doesn't hold it against me..
Instead, he gives me a hug...
he talks to me about everything else..
he does little things that make me smile...
he rolls over when he knows that I am not sleeping and pulls me close...
He rubs my back and he tells me that he loves me..
and i know that no matter what's going on in my life that I can get through it..
Because he is always there..no matter what...whenever I need him..and while I don't need a holiday to express all of those feelings...today I took an extra minute to make sure he knows how much I appreciate him.

Sending love and lots of thoughts on the moonbeams tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment