About Me

My photo
Trying to remember that there is always a reason, always something that makes you smile during the day- recognizing the event, person or situation that made you smile will make your day seem that much better.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hanging out with mom

Yesterday was fun.  Again, I have to say that I am loving just hanging out with my mom...not feeling a ton of urgency to go go go all the time.  We are doing some running around today..but mostly fun stuff!
My mother is one of the most amazingly talented people I know.  She can look at something, deconstruct it and put it back together. 
I have a favorite purse that I use when I travle.  It was a total impulse purchase at old navy probably about seven years ago.
Just a basic canvas green messenger ish bag...this one is big enough to throw a bunch of stuff in, neutral enough that I can really use it regardless of what I am wearing and the strap is long enough that I can wear it across my bosy and it sits right on my hip.  It is old and the front has a pretty big hole.  It didn't really bother me at first cause the bag is lines, so it almost looked intentional...but now the hole is big anout that I have lost things in the lining. I had asked my mom, when I was here a few weeks ago if she could make me a new one.
She did...and its is pretty close to the one I have...plus she put an owl on the front of it from her sewing machine.  It is pretty amazing...she's going to patch my other one so that I have a backup...but I am not sure that I will ever use it again...


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having fun, and what a clever mum you have! That bag is lovely, and I really love the pretty colours on that owl. I'm sure you will get a lot of pleasure out of it and even more so because it was made specially for you by a special person in your life!

    ReplyDelete